Rise and Shine Egg Sammie

Posted by Katie Cooks On Thursday, February 25, 2010 0 comments
Isn't it infinitely more pleasant to wake-up when you naturally wake-up (which for me, is NOT 5:15)? Wouldn't you rather sit at the table at breakfast time, and not at a steering wheel? For these reasons, and many more, I live for the weekends. 

My weekday fare, a travel mug of coffee and two bland pieces of toast, served in the car, just doesn't cut it on Saturday morning. I need something that is both interesting and hardy. I guarantee that this egg sammie is everything you need to get you out of bed (when you're ready) and keep you going through all your weekend adventures.

My only remaining question...Is it Saturday yet?

















Rise and Shine Egg Sammie
This recipe will serve two. I made one for myself, and one for my honey.


You will need:

4-6 slices of bacon (Miles likes to pile it high)2 eggs
salt and pepper
1 tomato
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup sweet onion jam (optional)
2 flat bread sandwich rounds (or bread of choice)


To begin, warm a skillet over medium heat, and slice your bacon in halves. When pan is hot, add bacon.






When bacon is crisp, remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.






Remove all but 1 tablespoon of drippings from pan. Return to medium high heat, and crack your eggs into the drippings. Season with salt and pepper.





While the egg cooks, slice your tomato and toast your bread.




Once your egg has cooked for about two minutes, give it a flip. You can be fancy, or you can just use a spatula.Cook for 1 additional minute (I feel strongly that the yolk needs to be runny).





Remove your egg from the pan, and assemble your sandwich. Slather some mustard on one side of the bread, and spread some onion jam on the other.





Add your tomato, egg, and bacon. Drool.






Close it up, and DIG IN!

0 comments to Rise and Shine Egg Sammie

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails