Carrot Pancakes with Honey Butter Drizzle

Posted by Katie Cooks On Wednesday, March 17, 2010 0 comments
It appears, and I don't want to jinx this, but it appears that spring may have [finally] arrived in Minnesota. It has been a long, snowy winter. So, when the sun finally came out last Sunday, and it seemed that everyone on the block was out of hibernation, I decided it was time for a springtime breakfast. It was the perfect opportunity to bask in my sunny, yellow kitchen and cook-up these lovely carrot pancakes. I dug this recipe out of my January issue of Cooking Light, and knew that with a few tweaks, it would be perfect for the occasion. Carrot cake is a springtime pleaser in my family. The honey butter drizzle must have been delectable, because Miles didn't even miss the cream cheese frosting.

I about fell out of my chair, when I saw that Kristin, over at Picky Cook, also posted a carrot pancake recipe this week. I guess it is that time of year! Make sure you check-out her post. She is an awesome cook, and she takes beautiful pictures.

Printable Recipe 


























Carrot Pancakes with Honey Butter Drizzle
I used a medium grate on my carrots; the added texture was perfect.
Keep the cakes warm in a 200 degree oven while you finish flipping the remaining batch.


You will need:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 dark brown sugar
3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups grated carrot (medium grate)
Cooking Spray
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons honey



Begin with your dry ingredients. In a large bowl, combine flour, walnuts, baking powder, and spices. 






Combine your wet ingredients in a medium bowl. This would be your milk, oil, vanilla, and brown sugar. Whisk to incorporate.







Add your wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until just combined, not too much, or your pancakes will get rubbery.





Fold-in your carrots with a rubber spatula. Again, don't go too far.This will be a thick batter, so don't be alarmed.






I used a nonstick pan, but cast iron would work well, too. Prepare your pan by warming it to medium high heat and spraying it with nonstick spray. When your pan has heated, spread about 1/4 cup of batter for each cake.




Cook 2-3 minutes on first side. When the bottom is golden brown, flip them over and let them cook for an additional minute.




While your cakes cook, throw the butter and honey in a small dish and microwave for 30-45 seconds, until melted. I know, simple!





Serve these-up two (or three) at a time and drizzle with honey butter.

Welcome to breakfast heaven!

0 comments to Carrot Pancakes with Honey Butter Drizzle

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails